Best IVF Doctor in Lucknow Explain Advantages And Disadvantages Of IUI
Intrauterine Insemination, or IUI, is one of the first types of fertility intervention treatments, and it’s frequently recommended for couples who can’t conceive for no apparent reason. Dr. Richa Singh is the best IVF doctor in Lucknow for this treatment.
Artificial insemination (AI) is one form of treatment. IUI is a fertility procedure that involves injecting sperm into a woman’s uterus to aid fertilization. The main aim of IUI therapy is to improve the chances of fertilization by increasing the number of eggs in the uterus. The main aim of IUI therapy is to increase the amount of sperm that enters the fallopian tubes, which increases the chances of fertilization.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a less costly and invasive procedure than in-vitro fertilization. IUI is a less invasive fertility procedure that can be performed with or without the use of fertility medications. Artificial insemination (AI) was previously reserved for cases of psychological disorder and male infertility. Other signs, such as immunologic triggers and hostile cervical mucus, have been introduced as a result of the widespread use of post-coital examinations. IUI may be done with either the donor’s sperm or the husband’s sperm. Also, the woman should be examined to rule out any hormonal imbalances. Also, the woman should be examined for any hormonal imbalances, systemic issues, or infections. A blood test, a urine test kit, and an ultrasound can all be used to predict ovulation. At the best IVF doctor in Lucknow, who also provides IUI treatment that will help you make your dream come true.
Indications for IUI:
In the following conditions, IUI may be recommended:
- Infertility that isn’t clarified
- Ejaculatory Dysfunction | Mild Male Factor | Infertility | Subfertility, Decreased Sperm Count / Oligospermia
- Cervical Factor Infertility | Hostile Cervical Mucus — A scar on the cervical wall from previous operations that prevents sperm from reaching the uterus.
- If the use of fertility drugs alone does not work,
- When using a sperm donor
- When intercourse is impossible due to coitus discomfort (Dyspareunia)
- Allergy to sperm
Aside from that, IUI is not advised for citizens in the following circumstances. –
- Previous infection in the pelvis
- Endometriosis with severe symptoms
- Fallopian tubes that are blocked
Advantages of IUI:
IUI is a method of inducing ovulation and the number of eggs available without the use of medication. The following are some of the advantages of IUI:
- Natural Cycle IUI is a viable option: A natural cycle may be performed with low stimulation medication or with clomifene citrate to stimulate follicles. Multiple pregnancy rates after ovarian hypertrophy are unacceptably large. Because of the low dose and natural cycle IUI, the unacceptably high multiple gestation rates associated with ovarian hyperstimulation are avoided.
- The washing process improves the consistency of the sperm: The washing process removes prostaglandins, infectious agents, antigenic proteins, non-motile spermatozoa, leucocytes, and immature germ cells, resulting in improved sperm production.
- IUI is a less invasive and physiological treatment choice: IUI involves washing, concentrating, and injecting sperm into a woman’s uterus via a catheter. Unlike IVF, there is no oocyte retrieval.
- IUI is a less expensive method of conception: IUI is a less costly fertility treatment choice than IVF. IUI is a relatively inexpensive procedure. While the average cost of an IVF treatment period ranges from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10000, IUI costs around Rs. 3000.
- The treatment period is brief: The IUI procedure takes about 60 to 90 seconds, after which doctors recommend that the patient sits for a few minutes.
- Intracervical Insemination (ICI) is less successful than IUI: In ICI, sperms are implanted into the cervix and then transferred to the uterus. They fertilize the oocyte using a natural fertilization method. In IUI, the sperms are inserted directly inside the uterus, eliminating the need for sperm to pass through the uterus. This also increases the chances of fertilization.
Disadvantages of IUI:
Even though IUI is a great choice for the majority of couples, it does not always solve all of their fertility issues. The following are some of the drawbacks of IUI treatments. If the following conditions are not met, a high level of intervention may be required:
- Fallopian tubes that are clear and undamaged
- When taking the pregnancy test, your partner should be ovulating.
- A certain degree of motility is needed in sperm.
- When compared to other treatments like IVF, the chances of getting pregnant with IUI are poor. The success rate can be as high as 20%.
- Since there is no control about how many eggs mature and it is impossible to predict how many will fertilize, the possibility of developing multiples, such as twins, triplets, or more, is much greater.
· At Dr. Richa Singh’s clinic which is the best IVF hospital in Lucknow, you can easily get all your queries answered!